Your Smile Speaks Volumes
At our Chandler, AZ dental practice, the main focus of our doctors and staff is to ensure that you have healthy teeth and gums. We realize, however, that the appearance of your smile holds just as much importance to you as its health does, so we offer a full scope of cosmetic dentistry.
Dr. Lee and Dr. Proctor understand that some people may feel dissatisfied with the way their smile looks. They may suffer from embarrassing stains or discoloration. Some have crooked or chipped teeth. Others may fret over gaps between their teeth. The doctors offer these patients a variety of cosmetic dentistry options, helping them achieve the smile of their dreams.
To learn more about cosmetic dentistry, and the options we offer, call our Chandler, AZ, dental office today at (480)732-7874 and schedule a consultation with one of the doctors.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry focuses more on the appearance of your teeth than their health. Procedures such as teeth whitening and dental bonding fall under the cosmetic umbrella. Dentists who perform cosmetic procedures possess a keen sense of artistic ability that allows them to restore beauty to a patient’s smile.
Cosmetic dentistry is not a recognized specialty within the dental industry, and no certification by the American Dental Association exists. Dentists must attend years of specialty training, however, to learn how to correctly perform cosmetic procedures.
Some aspects of cosmetic dentistry are covered in the Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree program. Since no degree exists for specializing in cosmetic dentistry, however, most cosmetic dentists have to go through additional training following their degree program.
Drs. Lee and Proctor attend many hours of continuing education training each year, allowing them to keep abreast of the latest cosmetic techniques and technologies. They provide a wide variety of cosmetic procedures, ensuring that our patients walk out of the office with gorgeous grins.
Procedures We Offer
Our doctors perform many different cosmetic procedures, from whitening treatments, to porcelain veneers, and even complete smile makeovers. Some of the options we offer include:
- Teeth Whitening – Many of the foods and beverages we consume on a daily basis can cause our teeth to become discolored or stained. Beverages like colas and wine, as well as berries and foods with rich, dark colored sauces can turn a bright, white smile into a stained, discolored disaster. Smokers have a particularly difficult time with tooth stains, because both the nicotine and the tar in tobacco cause teeth to turn yellow. We offer both in-office and at-home whitening treatments that provide patients with teeth up to eight shades whiter.
- Porcelain Veneers – We offer porcelain veneers to our patients with chipped, discolored, or irregularly shaped teeth. Drs. Lee and Proctor can use them to fill in gaps between teeth or to make teeth appear longer. The thin shells fit over the front of visible teeth to hide imperfections. Veneers require little preparation of the tooth, meaning patients retain most of the natural structure of their teeth. They resist stains from tea, wine, and cigarette smoke, and the doctors can use them to cover stains that fail to respond to whitening treatments. When cared for properly, porcelain veneers can last over 20 years.
- Implants – If you’ve lost one tooth, a few teeth, or need to stablize your denture(s), ask about dental implants. These amazing proshtetics have revolutionized dentistry, in regards to tooth replacement.
- Dental Bonding – Many of our patients choose cosmetic bonding to repair minor chips, cover light stains and reshape short or misshapen teeth. The process requires little preparation, and the doctors can complete the treatment in just one visit, typically without the use of anesthesia. To perform the procedure, the doctor applies a composite resin, tinted to match the patient’s natural tooth color, to the damaged tooth. He shapes the resin, then uses a curing light to harden it. With proper care dental bonding can last up to seven years.
- Gum Contouring – An excess of gum tissue, may cause you to worry that your teeth look small or misshapen. Drs. Lee and Proctor can perform a gum contouring procedure to gently remove the excess gum tissue and provide symmetry to your smile. The doctor can typically perform this procedure in just one visit.
- Smile Makeover – A smile makeover from one of our doctors can completely transform the way you look. The doctor will take the time to consult with you and find out what you like and dislike about your smile, then create a custom treatment plan to provide you with the smile of your dreams. We will combine two or more of our cosmetic procedures to give you a gorgeous grin you can’t wait to show off. The doctors typically perform these procedures in stages, to allow one treatment to heal before beginning another one.
Call Us for More Information
To learn more about the cosmetic dentistry options we offer, contact our Chandler, AZ, dental office today at (480) 732-7874.